my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

McClaren holds Carra talks

McClaren holds Carra talks
Tuesday Aug 07 2007 09:00

England head coach Steve McClaren has held talks with Liverpool's Jamie Carragher in a bid to dissuade the defender from retiring from international football.

The 29-year-old, who has won 34 caps to date, had been considering an exit from future England duty after failing to hold down a regular starting spot, but McClaren wants Carragher to reconsider.

He said: "I've had a couple of conversations with Jamie and I'll have another with him next week.

"Jamie Carragher is a very important player for England and a very important member of the squad.

"There is no way I want to lose him and keeping Jamie involved is my main aim at present.

"I can totally understand his thought process. I've every sympathy with players who want to play and feel they should.

"In a way, he has been quite unfortunate. There are players in every squad who can be effective in many positions, maybe sometimes to their detriment."

Carragher had commented a month ago: "I first thought about it after the World Cup, because I wondered how many chances I'd get for England at centre-half.

"I'm 29 now and I have to accept if I'm not a regular starter now, I don't think I ever will be. It's going to be difficult for me to be seen as anything more than a squad player."

Labels:

0 Responses to “McClaren holds Carra talks”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health