my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Fernando Torres just like Ian Rush

Fernando Torres just like Ian Rush

Sep 26 2007

EXCLUSIVE by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

Fernando Torres (left) with Steven Gerrard

STEVEN GERRARD watched Fernando Torres celebrate his first Liverpool hat-trick last night . . . then compared the Spanish striker with one of the greatest Anfield legends of all-time.

Torres struck three times in Liverpool’s 4-2 Carling Cup triumph at Reading, and afterwards the Reds skipper delivered the most glowing tribute imaginable when he declared: “He reminds me of Ian Rush.

“I know Ian Rush was a great striker and as captain I don’t want to put too much pressure on him in terms of goals.

“But Rushie got a lot of credit for working hard for the team, tracking back and not giving defenders a minute on the ball.

“And that’s what Fernando does.

“If we keep on delivering through balls and good service, he has already shown what a great finisher he is.”

Gerrard, who played the through ball for Torres’ hat-trick goal, was also delighted by Torres’ attitude.

“Foreign strikers usually go hiding when they get a bit of stick, but he got murdered all night and kept coming back and coming back,” he added.

”His goals were great, but the best thing about him was his attitude.

“I knew he was quick, but what surprised me was his work-rate and attitude.”

Despite Torres’ treble, however, boss Rafa Benitez insisted he couldn’t guarantee the striker a starting place at Wigan on Saturday.

“I can’t guarantee anything,” he explained “because I like to see my strikers during the week before I make a decision.

“I need to check how Wigan will play. If I say tonight he will play, it will be easy for Wigan to prepare. If I say nothing you will be talking all week and everyone will be happy.”

Benitez insisted he had been right to leave Torres out against Birmingham three days earlier.

“He was really dangerous tonight because he had space,” he added. “It was a different game the other day.

“I think about my team and our supporters are clever. They know I am doing the best for my team.

“Fernando knows that, too. “I didn’t need to explain to him. He knows my thinking.”

Labels:

0 Responses to “Fernando Torres just like Ian Rush”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health