my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Gerrard joy at Kop plans

Gerrard joy at Kop plans

By Steve Bramley - Created on 26 Jul 2007

Steven Gerrard admits he is blown away by Liverpool's new £300million stadium.

The Reds unveiled the latest plans for their new 60,000 capacity ground in Stanley Park on Wednesday.

The club will dump the old Anfield name but will incorporate an 18,000 seat stand in the image of the famous Kop.

And skipper Gerrard, who signed a new five-year deal in May, says he is thrilled by the plans to retain a huge part of the club's tradition in their new home.

"The prospect of this was one of the major factors in me signing a long-term deal with the club and I just hope I'm still around when the day comes for us to play our first game in it," Gerrard told the club's official website.

"The fact a massive Kop stand will be incorporated into the new stadium is great.

"After five minutes looking at the plans I was completely blown away by it. It is amazing and the best thing about it is that it is so different to any other.

"We will have our own identity stamped all over this stadium and that is how it should be.

"We are Liverpool Football Club, we expect the best and this will be the best.

"As a supporter myself, I know what to look for in a stadium and I'm sure all our fans are going to love it.

"We all know the level of noise 40,000 Liverpudlians can make at Anfield so I can't even begin to describe what 60,000-plus can do inside the new stadium.

"It's going to be unbelievable and I can't wait to lead the team out there."

Jamie Carragher echoed his captain's views: "Everyone is excited by the new plans. They are spectacular. We've got a great stadium at the minute in Anfield, but the designers have come up with something completely unique.

"The fans will love it, especially when they see the plans for the new Kop. I've never seen a football ground like it and that's what makes it so special."

Labels:

0 Responses to “Gerrard joy at Kop plans”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health