my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Torres thanks FabregasBy Chris Harvey - Created on 8 Jul 2007

Torres thanks FabregasBy Chris Harvey - Created on 8 Jul 2007

Related links

Fernando Torres says his Spanish international team-mate Cesc Fabregas convinced him to move to the Premier League.

Torres, who joined Liverpool from Atletico Madrid for £20million, spoke to the Arsenal midfielder at length before committing himself to Anfield.

"Cesc has triumphed at Arsenal and, after speaking to him several times, I thought to myself: 'Why can't I repeat my experience?' Torres told the News of the World.

"He (Fabregas) told me the key is not to get desperate if things go against me.

"I understand the first few months at Anfield will not be easy but I'm determined to overcome every obstacle."

Ironically, Torres could have joined Fabregas at Arsenal.

He revealed: "After winning the European Junior Championship in 1999, my name was linked with the big clubs. Offers came in, including one from Arsenal, but at the time I was happy to stay with Atletico."

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez revealed Torres chose Liverpool in spite of bigger offers being made for the Spanish striker.

But Torres has confirmed money was not the deciding factor in his move to Anfield.

"My choice was not down to money. This is a personal challenge. I have signed for six seasons and my desire is to play here for the six."

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry believes the capture of Torres is proof of the club's strength in the transfer market.

"This (signing) says we are still here, in contention for the biggest names," Parry told the Sunday Mirror.

"If you want to win titles, you have to go for top quality. There aren't that many top-quality strikers around, particularly (aged) 23.

Fernando has committed to six years and that could be six very exciting years for him and us. We still have one or two more targets to go at."

Labels:

0 Responses to “Torres thanks FabregasBy Chris Harvey - Created on 8 Jul 2007”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health