my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Thursday’s News Round Up

Thursday’s News Round Up
Written by Matt Ladson on July 5th, 2007 ▪

Luis Garcia has reflected on his move to Atletico Madrid as part of the deal which brought Fernando Torres to Anfield. Garcia completed his move earlier this week and admits it was hard to leave Liverpool.

The 29 year old midfielder enjoyed some memorable moments during his 3 years on Merseyside; most notably his goal against Chelsea in the 2005 Champions League semi final, but also his lob against Juventus in that year’s quarter final and in 2006 against Chelsea again in the FA Cup semi final.

Luis said:

“Liverpool are one of the best clubs in the world. I spent three great years at Liverpool but it was time to consider my future.

“I could have stayed or I could return to Spain. I have made a decision which I believe is the right one.

“I simply couldn’t reject the offer when given the opportunity to return to Atletico.

“Liverpool has been very important in my career and I will never forget my time there.

“Their fans are amazing, they supported me since my arrival, in good and bad times. I tried to do the best I could to repay their trust but nothing I can do can ever repay their unconditional support.”

Youth Cup Winners get new deals

lindfieldLiverpool have rewarded five of their successful FA Youth Cup side with new deals. Craig Lindfield (pictured), Jay Spearing, Ryan Flynn, Stephen Darby and Robbie Threlfall have all signed contracts to keep them at Anfield until 2010.

The five players played a key part in Liverpool’s final success over Manchester United last season.

Kewell praises Benitez and shows form for Aussies

kewellHarry Kewell has praised manager Rafa Benitez for supporting him during last season’s injury plagued campaign. The Aussie finally returned to action late in the season and scored the Reds final game of the season with the penalty against Charlton in the final minute.

Kewell is now preparing for the Asian Cup with Australia playing their first game against Oman on Sunday. He was influential in the 3-0 friendly win over Singapore, scoring one and assisting another after coming on as sub. [Read more about Kewell and the Asian Cup here]

Speaking of his 11 months on the sidelines Kewell said “It was tough, but Rafael Benitez supported me through the whole thing. It wasn’t something he was happy about, but it happened. I’ve got a year left at Liverpool and I can’t wait to get back into it.”

Internationals return to training

All Liverpool players (excluding those currently away on international duty - Kewell, Mark Gonzalez, Mascherano, Emiliano Insua) have now returned to pre-season training ahead of the first friendly with Wrexham on Saturday. Those senior players who returned on Thursday will take part in their first action against Crewe a week on Saturday.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Thursday’s News Round Up”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health