my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Danny Murphy: I can't see Jamie Carragher making England u-turn

Danny Murphy: I can't see Jamie Carragher making England u-turn

Aug 8 2007

by Our Correspondent, Liverpool Echo

DANNY MURPHY believes former Liverpool team-mate Jamie Carragher will stick to his guns and keep himself out of the international reckoning despite England manager Steve McClaren’s attempts to persuade him to return.

McClaren, who is short of defenders, has John Terry and Ledley King definitely out of the friendly against Germany on August 22.

Jonathan Woodgate is highly doubtful, so the boss is weighing up a recall for Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell but also wants Liverpool defender Carragher to come back.

Carragher quit the national team because he felt he was being overlooked by McClaren and Murphy, now with Tottenham but a former Reds team-mate of Carragher, does not expect him to change his mind.

Murphy said: “I’d be surprised to be honest. I’ve spoken to him a couple of times recently.

“I’m personally in agreement with what he’s done for lots of different reasons, mostly the one’s he’s given.

“In terms of now, is he going to be used because there’s a crisis or an emergency? I think as a player it would maybe make him feel, or would make me feel if I was in that situation, a bit like, ‘Oh, you need me because there’s nobody else.’

“Also, if he does go back in and he doesn’t play to his normal consistent level, he’s leaving himself in for a hell of a battering from people. It’s a very difficult one, I feel for him.

“I think what he’s wanted to do is make himself available because he’s an honest lad and a good pro who doesn’t want to be in a position where he’s saying ‘I won’t play for England.’

“I spoke to him and I think he was due to have a conversation with Steve McClaren, so it will be interesting to see what he does.

“If he puts on that England shirt, forget what’s been said in the past, you know what you’re getting from Jamie.

“If you had four Jamie Carraghers in your back four you wouldn’t lose too many games, I can assure you of that much.”

Labels:

0 Responses to “Danny Murphy: I can't see Jamie Carragher making England u-turn”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health