my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Crouch frustrated by squad rotation

Crouch frustrated by squad rotation

September 17 2007

Peter Crouch has reiterated his frustration over Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's rotation policy.

The England international was included in the starting line-up for the Reds' clash with Portsmouth on Saturday, but had few chances to make an impact and was withdrawn with 30 minutes to go of the 0-0 draw.

Crouch is aware there is fierce competition for places up front at Anfield, with big-money signing Fernando Torres and fellow summer recruit Andriy Voronin beginning their careers on Merseyside brightly and Dirk Kuyt also at the club.

But the lanky 26-year-old hitman is determined to show his Spanish boss he deserves to be a permanent fixture in the side.

"It has been frustrating," he said in The Sun. "Every footballer wants to play and the manager has told me it's not possible to be involved in every game.

"We have four strikers and the manager says if he feels one player will cause more problems than another in a specific game, he will pick him.

"But obviously Fernando Torres is more likely to play than the rest of us after the club paid so much money for him.

"Fernando has settled in straight away and proved what a top striker he is. Now it's up to me to do the same when I get my chance."

Crouch admits he has found Benitez's rotation policy difficult to adjust to, but maintains that he has no plans to leave Anfield.

"I have had to change my way of thinking since I joined Liverpool," he added.

"You have to expect rotation. It can be frustrating at times but I fully understand the manager's thinking and, if called upon, I must make sure I'm ready.

"I might not be playing every week but I'll still get a good amount of games, so I'm happy at Liverpool.

"We're going to be challenging for the Premier League, the Champions League, the FA Cup and the Carling Cup and I want to be a part of that."

Labels:

0 Responses to “Crouch frustrated by squad rotation”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health