my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Torres wants idol status

Thursday Sep 06 2007 07:43

Spanish striker Fernando Torres wants to become an "idol" at Liverpool following his impressive start to life at Anfield.

The £20million striker has scored three times in five matches for the Reds following his arrival from Atletico Madrid earlier in the summer.

Torres helped himself to a brace during last weekend's 6-0 rout of Derby County and is looking to continue his rich vein of form in a bid to become a Liverpool icon.

The Spain international was given legendary status by Atletico fans after captaining the club while still a teenager and scoring 82 times in 214 career appearances.

"After I left Atletico Madrid I dreamed of days like I had against Derby. It was a magic Saturday and I know it is early but I have confidence we can carry on playing like this," he told the club's official website.

"Scoring two goals at Anfield in the Premier League shows that I am ready for this big challenge.

"Everything this summer, all the hard work in making the move happen, has been proved worthwhile by games like this and I am so grateful to Liverpool and my team-mates.

"My objective now is to be an idol at Liverpool and if I keep scoring goals like this then hopefully it will help me become a favourite for the fans.

"I know that many people have doubted me because of the size of the transfer fee but my answer will always be with the goals I score.

"I don't want to set a target but if I avoid injuries and stay in good form then I want a minimum of 15 goals.

"That will be a good number for me in what will be a very hard first season in the Premier League."

Meanwhile, Liverpool are assessing the fitness of Steve Finnan after the full-back was forced to withdraw from the Republic of Ireland squad for Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifier in Slovakia with a knee injury.

"He will stay in Liverpool for treatment and we will continue to monitor his progress. If he improves he will join us in Prague," claimed international coach Steve Staunton.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Torres wants idol status”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health