my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Move a 'big leap' for Torres - PA Sport

> Fernando Torres speaks during a press conference at the Vicente Calderon stadium, in Madrid on July 4, 2007
< Liverpool's new signing Fernando Torres is delighted to have joined "the best club in Europe". The Spain striker will be unveiled at Liverpool later on Wednesday with the Reds having completed his transfer from his beloved Atletico Madrid for a fee believed to be £26.5million (A$62.5million). In his last press conference at the Vicente Calderon, the 23-year-old said: "It has been a difficult decision to leave my all-time club." "But it would have been hard for me to reject Liverpool's offer. It is a big leap for me and I think it was the right thing for everyone." "The time comes in the life of a player that he needs more challenges." "I have always done what was best for the club, too. The Liverpool offer arrived and I only told the club to listen to that offer because that is the team I wanted to play for." "It's one of the best, if not the best, clubs in Europe." Torres is aware of the enormous pressure he will have at Anfield, but believes he is ready for the challenge. He has been given the number nine shirt, worn most famously by goal-machines Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler. "The fact that Liverpool are giving me the number nine jersey just goes to show the confidence they have placed in me, when considering those who have worn that shirt before me," he continued. "A new beautiful adventure begins for me and I hope that with work and effort I can be among the best players." "This is a unique opportunity for me. Liverpool aspire to everything and that has been an important factor in my decision to go there." "I want to adapt as quickly as possible. I think Premiership is a football that adapts well to my style." "I will arrive with a lot of joy and ambition." Torres was saddened to leave Atletico after a disappointing campaign which saw the Madrid outfit fail to qualify for UEFA Cup. He has played for the club's first team for seven years after supporting them from childhood. "I will always feel at home at Atletico," he said. "I am proud of what I achieved here, my heart will always be Rojiblanco regardless of where I go." "I want to thanks the fans, who have shown a lot of support over the years. It has been a pleasure for me. I hope to return one day." "I have my conscience clear of what I have achieved. I believe this is a good decision for me and for the club." "I hope that those who come here they will do what we haven't been able to do."

Labels:

0 Responses to “Move a 'big leap' for Torres - PA Sport”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health