my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Finnan welcomes competition

Finnan welcomes competition

By Peter Fraser - Created on 24 Jul 2007

Steve Finnan is confident he can see off competition for his Liverpool first-team place after committing himself to the club for the rest of his career.

Finnan, who agreed a new three-year deal with the Reds on Monday, has welcomed the arrival of fresh faces at Anfield following heavy spending from manager Rafa Benitez.

The right-back is likely to be competing with Alvaro Arbeloa for a Liverpool starting role over the coming season now the Spaniard has settled in following his January transfer window move from Deportivo La Coruna.

Finnan welcomes the competition for places as a positive for the club, but he also remains confident he will still be first choice for Benitez.

"I have been here four years now and during that time a lot of players have come and gone," Finnan told Liverpool's official website.

"It is a squad game now and competition for places is never a problem but I am confident I can continue to hold down a regular place in the side."

Finnan is currently in Honk Kong with Liverpool, who are participating in the Asia Trophy, and he admits he cannot wait to get back to Merseyside to put pen-to-paper on his new deal.

"I cannot wait to sign the contract once we are back home," Finnan added.

"I am in my thirties now and there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that this is where I want to play for the rest of my career.

"I was never worried about not being offered a new deal to be honest.

"The manager assured me that I was in his plans and once talks resumed everything was tied up really quickly."

Finnan has followed the likes of Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Jose Reina, Mohamed Sissoko and Xabi Alonso in agreeing new long-term contracts and he believes this is an indication of bright times at Anfield.

"Everyone wants to stay and be part of what could be an exciting future. With the new owners coming, the new players we have signed and all the young players around the place there is a lot of expectation," Finnan concluded.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Finnan welcomes competition”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health