my liverpool fc



Forex Live Market Analysis 2010

Most Reliable Sport Betting Prediction
Make Huge Affiliate Commission with RSS Content

Fear of title failure drives Jamie Carragher

Fear of title failure drives Jamie Carragher

Jul 24 2007

by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

Jamie Carragher in training

JAMIE CARRAGHER admits the fear of missing out on an elusive title triumph will be driving him on for the remainder of his Anfield career.

The Liverpool defender believes the next four years of the contract he signed over the summer will probably determine if he ever claims a Premier League winner’s medal.

Like Steven Gerrard, it’s the one major honour which he hasn’t won, and that’s a reality which continues to haunt him.

Carragher, who will skipper the side against South China in Hong Kong tonight, is confident of a stronger challenge this season, but has warned against the perils of over-expectation.

“I think about missing out on winning the title all the time,” he said. “I know I’ve got plenty of years left in me at Liverpool, but even when you’re at your peak, you start thinking about the time it may start going the other way.

“When I get to the end of this contract, if we still haven’t won the title, it’s natural I’ll be starting to worry about how many chances I’ll have left.

“I’m desperate to realise that ambition of winning a Premiership medal during the course of this contract.

“Football time flies so quickly. It doesn’t seem that long ago people were talking about Stevie and myself as the youngsters who could be part of a successful Liverpool team for a long time.

“Even the three years Rafa has been here have flown. In another three years I’ll be 32 and a few in the Kemlyn Road will be saying I’m finished!”

Gerrard will sit out tonight’s game with a slight muscle problem. It’s not serious and he’s expected to resume training tomorrow.

Harry Kewell has joined the Liverpool squad direct from international duty with Australia.

Also now in Hong Kong with the squad is Liverpool’s Brazilian midfield signing Lucas Leiva.

Lucas has now had passport clearance and was in line to make his debut against South China today.

Labels: , , ,

0 Responses to “Fear of title failure drives Jamie Carragher”

Post a Comment

Google

Links

  • MySolveware
  • I Love Kuala Lumpur
  • Online Exam Tips
  • Shrek 3 Wallpaper
  • Miss Universe 2007 Pic
  • Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Funny Picture


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 my liverpool fc | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health